I was going to write some really sad shit here, y'all. Feeling sad, sharing sad, I am made of generosity. Then I typed the first sentence of this entry into the url bar instead of "blogger.com" and decided my brain was not meant for writing of the deep today. So let's have a contest.
Remember Tony Comstock? You better. He's opened a new business venture of sailing trips off the coast of Long Island on his pretty little boat. Then he had another stellar idea (I bet Peggy helped) that they would raise money to fund a stipend for a Comstock SubGenius Grant. The grant will get you a week in September of life on the lovely boat and the stipend to ease your way to spending that time getting some honest work done on what you love. Your only obligation that week will be to have dinner with the Comstock Clan on Wednesday September 14. Nice work if you can get it.
I want it.
So I'll apply and all will be well whether I receive the grant or not.
However, the stipend-raising hit a snag today when Kickstarter kicked the grant off their system. Details aren't important but Tony has a new plan, of course. For the next 24 hours (until noon Eastern on Tuesday March 29) half of the profits from all Comstock films sold will go into the stipend fund.
Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to buy a copy of Matt & Khym (review coming, no seriously, I promise) today during the stipend-raising period. I'm going to give it away to one of you on Saturday. This is what you can do to increase your chances of winning.
- Leave a comment here: 1 entry
- Leave a comment at Kizz & Tell: 1 entry
- Tweet a link to your favorite Kizz & Tell post (leave a comment here with the link): 1 entry
- Buy a Comstock Film after the stipend raising period has ended (comment here to tell me, honor system): 3 entries
- Buy a Comstock Film during the stipend raising period (comment here to tell me, honor system): 5 entries
- Blog about Comstock Films (comment here or at Kizz & Tell with a link): 10 entries
Contest ends at midnight on Friday April 1st (no fooling!). I'll select a winner on Saturday and announce it here.